Cooper Chemical Company has been in business since 1857. The roots of the company were planted in the Iron Bound Section of Newark, NJ by Charles Cooper and Jacob Kleinhans. The company, originally called Charles Cooper & Co., developed chemicals, additives, paints, and other materials for industries and consumers in the United States and around the world.
Today, in its 152nd year of operation, Cooper Chemical Company is still the leader in bulk specialty chemical manufacturing. Cooper's products are sold to the United States government, pharmaceutical and chemical companies throughout the world.