The “Planta Piloto de Química Fina” is a research centre conceived to stimulate University-Enterprise collaboration, promoting the integration of new “clean” technologies to the Chemo-Pharmaceutical and related industrial sectors. In response to the present demand, after its inauguration in 1998, the PPQF has developed projects and services according to the following modalities:
- Synthesis of new products of therapeutical interest.
- Improved syntheses for the production of Generic Drugs.
- Synthesis of impurities of drugs.
- Synthesis of non commercial products and intermediates in Kilolab scale (50 g-1 Kg).
- Synthesis of pilot batches for preclinical use of drugs in development (1-50 Kg).
- Detection and identification of trace contaminants in pharmaceutical products.
- Research and Development of new polymers.